Hey everyone,
So I've been wanting to join the police force for a very long time now, and now that I'm 21, I will finally get a chance to apply and see if I'm right for the job.
I applied to the Phoenix Police Reserves because I feel like that's a great place to start since I will become AZ Post certified after the 9 month academy so I'll graduate hopefully by summer of 2014. My physical testing is Wednesday the 25th...so next week! I've been working out a lot and practicing pushups, situps, and the run. With the Phoenix Police Department, they require jumping over a 6 foot wall...well that's been a tad difficult. I've done it twice now and I've got a few scratches and bruises from it.
I went to a Q&A with police officers last night to talk about the qualifications, benefits, and departments.
My goal is to work in international law enforcement with human trafficking so this would be a great start to that career.
Wow! Jumping over a 6 foot wall sounds really difficult but I just wanted to tell you good luck on the test. Looking at the date of this blog I am thinking you may have taken it already however I still wanted to wish you the luck. Working with human trafficking sounds interesting. Although I did not major in criminal justice or criminology, crime has always been interesting to me.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Albina! I am impressed that you are set on your career path. As a former firefighter, I know how hard it can be to stay in shape and to pass that physical. I have no doubt that the reserves will be a great place to start. the exposure alone is priceless.
DeleteGood luck!
Ryan Lee
PAF 504